Advertisement

Thursday 21 January 2016

Danish Kaneria confirms he didn't approach BCCI to help lift his ban

Banned Pakistan spinner Danish Kaneria on Thursday denied media reports that he wanted to seek the help of the BCCI to take up his case with the International Cricket Council (ICC).

"This report is misleading. I did speak to an Indian reporter but I have been misinterpreted and I have no intention to seek any help from the BCCI for a fresh review of my case," Kaneria said.
"Yes I am very frustrated, hurt and against the wall but I remain a proud Pakistani. I just want to know what real evidence is there to ban me for life and why has the Pakistan board put my case aside," Kaneria said. 

"No matter what happens why would I approach any other country for help. I can only again appeal to the PCB to give me a chance." 
A report in the Indian media on Thursday quoted him as saying that he was being victimised since he was a minority Hindu in Pakistan and he would request BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur to ask President Shashank Manohar to take up the matter with the ICC board.
Danish said he just wanted one final chance to prove his innocence in a proper court or before a tribunal of the PCB or International Cricket Council. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive